Attention Investors! An IMPORTANT NOTICE: YOUR PROPERTY TAX BILLS
You may need to call the Stanislaus County Treasurer – Tax Collector, IF you own rentals or investment properties in Stanislaus County.
Here’s a check list to see if you need to take action and make a phone call.
- You own one or more investment properties, AND
- You have moved from the address where your property tax bills (for some or all or of your properties) are being sent.
Then please call the Stanislaus Treasurer Dept at 209.525.6368 8:30am to 4:30pm
- The county does not automatically change all of the “mail to addresses” on file for all of the properties you may own.
- The county has a “Do Not Forward” status for their mail. So, your mail and tax bills will not be forwarded.
- If you do not make the phone call, it takes about 18 months for county to catch up with you by mail. When they do, you will owe the tax bill plus a healthy sum of interest & penalties. No Excuses!
How do I know? I learned the hard way.